The world’s most advanced medical
VR training Software Development Kit.
The MAGES SDK is the medical VR industry first Software Development Kit that allows rapid prototyping of any shared, collaborative networked medical operation in VR, in a fraction of time and cost. It draws its novelty from 20 years of academic R&D.
The results achieved with MAGES SDK exceed those typically reached by large teams of domain expert developers of these engines. By being layered on top of existing game engines, it brings a low-code superior solution to developers with just a moderate knowledge of these engines. It is thus possible for even a single developer to create a full VR training simulation.
MAGES SDK is named after its unique features:
- An algorithm for a custom Multiplayer engine that works on top of standard networking protocols, allowing to share only very few key transformations across the network and calculate all intermediate locally
- An algorithm for a novel Analytics engine that captures several hundreds of events per second as opposed to several tens that current engines track. These performance-based assessments are stored locally for maximum flexibility and can be uploaded on the cloud.
- A Geometric algebra vertex transformation engine at the heart of all our virtual human animation and deformation, allowing significantly more efficient and robust control of vertex transformations – translations, rotations, dilations .
- An algorithm that provides an Educational curriculum editor for visual scripting and rapid prototyping of complex VR learning simulations, based on a novel learning scene-graph storyboard: Lessons, Stages, Actions.
- A suite of algorithms called Semantic action prototypes for VR training that provide blueprints for training, in a similar way to software design patterns.
They essentially constitute your own training scene storyboard interaction format, fully simulating the interactive learning objectives and micro user actions required to achieve them, on the virtual patient, for both rigid as well as soft-body deformable surfaces in networked environments.
MAGES™ SDK is provided as a yearly license and is compatible with Unity™ Editor and Unreal Engine.
MAGES™ SDK can be used by developers using Unity™ or Unreal Engine™ as a plug-in Package – the software library containing compiled code in DLL form, scripts in C# or C++ form and 3D/2D/multimedia assets and their associated files – that can be imported in the Unity or Unreal Editor, given an annual subscription. It can subsequently be used with the rest of the Unity or Unreal Engine in order to generate standalone VR desktop medical simulations on windows, android, or macOS, which incorporate the Unity, Unreal, or SteamVR™ runtime. MAGES SDK runtime operates locally, within the end-user Unity or Unreal Engine editors software.
Developers can reach their audiences with state-of-the-art medical VR training simulations, powered by MAGES SDK.
- Proprietary interpolation engine with geometric algebra:
– allows 4x reduced network data transfer
- 5G-edge computing ready network deployment:
– off-load costly calculations on network edge
- Highest in the market number of concurrent active users in the same VR scene, all fully interacting with the same synchronized content with minimal latency
– including VR Recorder functionality for recording multiplayer sessions and replaying them from any device
- Unlimited number of captured, analyzed events per second
- Rapid, in-the-scene local authoring with cloud-based storage, review and visualization customization
- DL agent platform for analytics recommendations and scoring factors
- Geometric algebra algorithms for custom cutting, tearing, drilling of deformable and soft bodies, based on the algebra of William K. Clifford
- Rapid prototyping based on our proprietary s/w design patterns for VR, which can be employed as “recurring solutions to standard problems”, as first introduced by Christopher Alexander in architecture
- Dynamics (plot), mechanics (rules), components (UI elements) embedded in the SDK with ready-to-use sample scenes
- Visual scripting editor for rapid VR scene authoring – proprietary semantic representation of scenes, based on novel “scene-graph” algorithms
- Scoring leaderboards, live webinars, and VR user recording support
- Based on the curriculum learning objectives (psychomotor or cognitive), support for all currently available VR HMDs as well as same curriculum are automatically available in windows and macOS standard point and click versions
- Physics-based visual techniques allowing the 3D representation of deformable soft body objects (skin, tissue, etc.)
- On-the-go configuration to match the tissue properties
- Velocity-based interaction for manipulation in VR with users and other objects
PUBLICATIONS & CASE STUDIES:
- Virtual Reality Medical Training for COVID-19 Swab Testing and Proper Handling of Personal Protective Equipment: Development and Usability
- Covid-19 – VR Strikes Back: innovative medical VR training
- Scenior: An Immersive Visual Scripting system based on VR Software Design Patterns for Experiential Training
- MAGES 3.0: Tying the knot of medical VR
- Transforming medical education and training with VR using M.A.G.E.S.
The world’s most scientifically proven
Medical VR training simulations custom
made for you
ORamaVR co-creates custom medical VR training simulations with and for you. MAGES SIM future proofs your medical training simulations by also providing MAGES SDK so that you can customize further, extend, modify at any time in the future, without any other third party intervention. How often did you commission a training application and after a few months you realised you would like to update/extend it? Now you can fully perform these updates/extension/modifications yourselves!
MAGES SIM enables the rapid prototyping of medical VR/XR training, as part of new “ computational medical XR” discipline that tackles medical education, preoperative planning and real-time operative navigation under a new, holistic integrated systems approach. Medical schools, dental schools, nursing academies, medical device companies and surgical training centers can now in-house drive the “VRification” of their curricula, retaining ownership of the final code base.
This is enabling them to easily update/extend/modify this XR training experience, hence driving themselves further the adoption and customization of their medical VR training simulations.
Through the ability to control and develop their own XR training curriculum, they can ensure their medical professionals are properly and (continuously) trained while ensuring optimal patient outcomes and fewer medical errors/complications.
The 4 published clinical trials by ORamaVR and partners on MAGES SIM applications:
- Virtual Reality Simulation Facilitates Resident Training in Total Hip Arthroplasty:
A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Effectiveness and Utility of Virtual Reality Simulation as an Educational Tool for Safe
Performance of COVID-19 Diagnostics: Prospective, Randomized Pilot Trial
- Virtual reality medical training for Covid-19 swab testing and proper handling
of personal protective equipment: development and usability
- Α Virtual Reality App for Physical and Cognitive Training of Older People
With Mild Cognitive Impairment: Mixed Methods Feasibility Study
Medical VR training simulations, ready-to-use
Our marketplace features a selection of ready-to-use medical VR training simulations that have been developed either by you or with us, powered by MAGES SDK and verified scientifically in published clinical trials. Furthermore, any user of MAGES SDK or MAGES SIM can choose to publish and monetize their apps on the curated, scientifically verified MAGES APP marketplace, via an innovative shared revenue business model.
Current list of available medical VR training simulations:
- TKA: Total Knee Arthroplasty, Medial Parapatellar approach
- CVRSB: Covid-19 swab test and Personal Protective Equipment training
- THA (coming soon): Total Hip Arthroplasty, Posterior Incision
- REBOA (coming soon): Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta.
- Endo (coming soon): Endotracheal Intubation
- Trauma (coming soon): Patient Transport for emergency medicine
MAGES SDK: How it works, in 5 simple steps
This is what it takes to turn your idea into a medical VR training simulation.
Our algorithms do the rest.
1. Design training storyboard
Simulation acyclic tree-like design, featuring Lessons and Stages as intermediate nodes and Actions as leaves
2. Create virtual assets
Networked-ready, smart 3D assets generation/configuration capable of numerous types of virtual interactions, all in your favorite 3D engine of choice
3. Author training actions
Actions generation, utilizing our action prototype design patterns, capable of representing any process that a trainee must follow to complete his training or assessment
3a. Configure network
Automatic network-ready actionable assets for up to 300 participants in a VR simulation
3b. Configure analytics
Custom analytics assignment for each user action, measuring task performance
4. Build the medical VR training simulation
Build and deploy your executable application to a wide range of supported VR headsets/platforms, Operating Systems, and computing devices
5. License your simulation
Optionally connect a MAGES SDK provided cloud management license & analytics server to your own authored medical VR training application for advanced collaboration, performance analytics and licensing features in your existing cloud provider of choice
MAGES SDK: Best of medical VR training simulations, powered by MAGES SDK